EES Services for higher education facilities
If you’re responsible for the environmental health and welfare of a university or college, EES can help you. Our expert scientists and engineers assist clients like you with Air Quality Consulting and EHS Management.
We also provide Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures Plans (SPCC), develop compliance systems, and conduct Environmental Compliance audits (including self-disclosure audits). With extensive environmental expertise specific to universities and colleges, we are ideally suited to assist you.
Client: Suburban Philadelphia College
EES Service: Developed streamlined facility air permit application, worked with regulatory agency to ensure final permit conditions were acceptable, and renewed the permit prior to 5-year deadline
- Conducted campus-wide survey of relevant combustion and other air emission sources and developed emission source numbering system
- Developed strategy for taking federally-enforceable limits on fuel usage to avoid more burdensome major-source permitting
- Prepared and submitted permit application and all supporting documentation, including emissions and fuel usage spreadsheets
- Met with regulatory agency representatives on client’s behalf to review and improve draft permit
- Prepared all application documents for the 5-year renewal of the campus-wide synthetic minor operating permit
Result: The college has a user-friendly set of recordkeeping and reporting documents to ensure ongoing air permit compliance
EES Service: Compliance Systems for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) emission reductions, leak rate tracking, and degreaser operations
- Identified applicable requirements for each system
- Provided recommendations for integration of requirements into site’s existing systems
Result: Full compliance with CFC regulations